Journal Week 13: The Stations of the Cross

I've written about this before, about how I attended Catholic schools from the 6th-12th grades. I was a Church of Christ kid, so I can't say, from a religious perspective,  I had an open heart about the Catholic Church during those years. I judged most of what I experienced as wrong.

But I loved the Stations of the Cross. I'd never experienced anything like it. The Stations of the Cross remain my favorite liturgical activity.

Maybe that's morbid, but I think I had a keen sense from a very young age that life was filled with sadness, brokenness and tragedy. And nothing I had experienced spoke into that pain like the Stations of the Cross.

So today, here on Good Friday, I'll be making my way to a Catholic Church to walk once more through the Stations.

Step by step with Jesus all the way to Calvary.

This entry was posted by Richard Beck. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply